Positano today celebrates the patron saint San Vito according to tradition after two years of pandemic
Positano becomes more beautiful to solemnly celebrate the patron saint San Vito finally according to customs and traditions after two years of forced detention due to the pandemic.
The parish priest and the celebrations committee address the faithful in this way: «Our community is summoned in its synodal dimension to remember in faith San Vito Martire, Patron Saint of Positano. After the time of the pandemic, during which we experienced his heavenly patronage, with the resumption of the feast we wish to thank the Lord first of all and, above all, to commit ourselves so that the example of the Holy Martyr will help us to grow as a community of faith, hope and charity. . May the Lord pour out his copious blessings on everyone. Good and holy feast ».
We wish all the Vitus and the locals near and far on this day the pearl of the Amalfi Coast celebrates its patron saint but also an extraordinary tourist and economic rebirth.
Here is the program:
Wednesday 15 June – Feast of San Vito Martire Patron of Positano
– 7.30 – 9.30: Holy Masses
– 11.00: Solemn Eucharistic Celebration – “San Vito Community” Award
– 12.00: in Piazza Flavio Gioia Blessing of dogs
– 7.00 pm: Solemn Eucharistic Celebration and Procession with the venerated reliquary bust of San Vito
– 10.00 pm: in Piazza Flavio Gioia Aonna ‘o mare “Lo Guarracino and other stories” between the songs of the author and the taranta
– 11.30 pm: Fireworks show performed by the Pyrotechnics Guadagno.
The suggestive lighting is managed by the Donnarumma firm.
The party will be enlivened by the Award Winning Band Concert “Città di Minori” which will pass through the streets of Positano announcing the party and inviting everyone to spend a happy day.